Sunday, October 11, 2020

Trust

Bookmark and Share


Page Liked · October 3 
 
Do you remember the fears you had as a little girl? The things you found scary may not feel so scary to you anymore. Maybe you had a fear of the dark or meeting new people made you nervous. Maybe you were afraid of a monster living under your bed, or you didn’t like animals. As you grew older, those fears faded away.

These days, we still experience fear, but it looks a little different. We fear experiencing an unexpected financial setback. We worry if we’re raising our children correctly. We stress out over conflict in relationships.

Our fears can pile on top of each other, overwhelming us into a state of high stress. While these fears are valid and real, we don’t have to let them take over.

The Bible tells us what to do when we are afraid in Psalm 56:3, which says, “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”

When we experience fear, we can make the choice to trust God with whatever it is that’s worrying us.

Offering our fears to God is an act of trust. It’s giving up the power and control to fix our fears ourselves. It’s an active belief that God knows what He is doing, and He can be trusted with the outcome.

Let’s choose to hand the fear we are facing today to our faithful Father.

God, I trust you with my finances.
God, I trust you with my children.
God, I trust you with my relationships.
God, I trust you with my career.
God, I trust you with _______.

What are you choosing to trust God with today? We are trusting Him with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment