Thursday, September 27, 2018

Resources

Bookmark and Share


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, eyeglasses and text

Page Liked · April 9 
 
AAFCG.com is a complementary resource to our Caregiver Connection community. Join today for free and have access to everything including a Caregiver-to-Caregiver Hotline, a Learning Center with extensive Training Courses, and discounts on medical supplies caregivers need every day.

We hope you join us and start making your life as a family caregiver easier today!



SEPTEMBER 2018
Help raise awareness this World Alzheimer’s Month.
Every 3 seconds, someone develops dementia. That’s about as long as it takes you to share this post.
Show your support for people living with dementia and for all the wonderful caregivers who selflessly assist them with their daily needs.

We don’t want to think about it, but we think about it all the time: what will happen when my life as a caregiver ends?
We’ve created a new guide to help you through this time, what you can do to plan ahead, and what happens after. You can watch the videos on AAFCG.com for free, just click the link below.
Let us know what you think and please share your insights.

Have you learned to accept your life as a caregiver?
“Over the years, I’ve dreamt of being a princess, a movie star, the next America’s Got Talent winner, a wife and mother, a career woman, an empty nester, and finally, someday, happily retired. BUT what I never dreamt of was being a caregiver. Yet, here I am - no job description, no pay, no vacation time, no road map – living the dream!
I’ve come to accept that I’ve had to put my dreams and fantasies aside and focus on the here and now. I don’t have any regrets really, I’m proud of what I’m doing even though I never pictured this being my life. There are rewards in caring so completely for another person. Today, life is now about reinvention, adaptation, and survival.”
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment